Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
My routine ? A drastic change. I ADORE change! Once we hit the road, this blog will no doubt gravitate to a travelog of sorts: my role as gardener will fade to the background while me-as-wanderer will be taking center stage. I expect to uncover some fresh insights stimulated by things I've never seen before!
Stay tuned for SIX MONTHS OF THE SOUTHWEST, beginning mid-September! Be sure to check out our trip site at
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I kind of felt like an undertaker as I took these broken plants away. Then I felt like a grave-robber as I cut whatever "fresh" blooms I could for a bouquet for the office. Then I just felt really sad when I took the remains up to our compost pile.
All these feelings were negative, and I don't live well with negative feelings, so it was time to put on my Regain Perspective Hat and sit and think:
- Heck, sh*t happens -- I'm not in Paradise yet
- Don't mess with Mother Nature
- At least the office has a really cheerful vase full of flowers
- Next time, stake the darn plants before this happens
- Time to roll with the punches, go with the flow
- Suck it up and move on
- I took a deep breath, gave thanks for all the plants that didn't get flattened (the Mexican Sunflowers are awesomely strong).
- I just planted a new batch of Cosmos and Hollyhocks. They WILL be staked.
- I'm going out to buy a new supply of stakes.